Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Wednesday Night Blog Post :)


  One of the places that had the greatest impact on me during this trip to Haiti was Lesley's orphanage. The moment started for me the day before, on Tuesday. There was a little boy who spilled his bubbles on the ground and was crying. I picked him up and held him for the remainder of the day. On Wednesday as we arrived he immediately ran over to me and I held him almost the whole day. All he did was lay against me. He didn't move a muscle. He didn't even lift is head to look at the action that was going on around him. He could barely clap his hands. It was like all the life was drained out of him. The other children finally told me that he was sick. It then hit me like a ton of bricks that he had no mommy to hold him and hug him and kiss his face and tell him he would be okay. Something so comforting, that I took for granted all the time, was something that he may never know. I got to be that for him today. 
As we were on our way back to Rebecca's house after our visit to the orphanage, it dawned on me that this is what Jesus wants to do for us, for our pain and suffering. He wants to hold us and comfort us, tell us everything will be alright. He wants to heal our pain & suffering. He wants to love on us and for us to receive it.   
Jeremiah 31:3 The Lord appeared to us in the past saying: "I have loved you with and everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness."
In the Grip of His Grace,

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment