Sunday, June 26, 2011

Used for his Glory

It's day three here and Haiti and I'm still trying to process everything. It has been so amazing to see the Joy on the faces of the Haitian orphans. My perspective on this trip has completely changed in such a short time. I believed I was the one going to come to Haiti and make a difference, be it small, but a difference. What I'm finding along this journey is that they are the ones making a difference in my life. One story that has really impacted me is the one of Jimmy Bono. I have struggled a lot with my past and the choices I have made during a period of my life. I believed for the longest time that part of my life was a waste. Through Jimmy's story I am learning that God can take everything and use it for his glory. Jimmy was a street kid. They are considered the poorest of poor, outcasts of society. One would believe that was the life he was destined to have forever. God had other plans. He took one man's life and is using it to change and transform the lives of hundreds of kids. Jimmy now owns a home for street kids. Kids that would otherwise grow up just the way he did. Kids that society has discarded and left for dead. The experiences in his life, the struggles that he has been through, God is using for his Glory to help transform the lives of these kids. I am sure during the time in Jimmy's life while he was a street kid he never imagined that God would use him in the way he has. I now realize that if I allow him, God can use that time in my life, that I consider wasted, to minister and help change lives of people who maybe are going through the same things that I struggle with. I now really can put a face to the verse what the Enemy Meant for destruction God can use for his glory. " For I know that plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
Thank you Haiti for forever changing my life! 
Love ,
Jenilee


No comments:

Post a Comment