Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Thank you!

Dear Readers, Volunteers and Contributors,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you for your generous donations to our efforts in Haiti. It has been a hectic 3 months! During the months after the earthquake I have been busy with

1st: Responding to the immediate needs of the orphanages that we serve as well as homeless youth. Then, we completed a security wall for the Infants of Jesus orphanage, delivered much needed food and supplies and are employing several of the homeless youth that we know of.

2nd: We have paid for a years rent of a "Mission House", and are in the process of buying beds and furniture so that mission groups can have a safe and comfortable place to stay while serving the people of Haiti.

Now, after a short visit back here in the States, I am leaving for Haiti for the summer. My time there will be spent giving consistant support to several orphanages. I will assess their food and supply needs and the general conditions that they are living with. In addition, I will be setting up a teaching program for our volunteers to participate in. We will be concentrating on teaching English, health issues and gardening. I am also setting up a highschool program for the group of homeless boys that are now living and working with me.

I would like to invite each and every one of you to come visit us in Haiti! We would love to have you come and participate in our Haiti efforts! Check out our trip dates. I have found that once you make a decision and commit, God opens all kinds of doors for getting the funds and the time.

Once I am in Haiti, I am going to take a few minutes to write about my experiences right after the earthquake. I hope that my experiences will inspire each of you because let me tell you, the good in people is alive and well!

Thank you again!
Love,
Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment